Monday, July 15, 2019

Luzern, Switzerland

Our first stop on our vacation was Luzern, Switzerland.  It was hot and beautiful, full of interesting old buildings and lovely flowers.  As you crossed the Chapel Bridge you could smell the pink, purple, and white petunias that lined the bridge.  It reminded me of my mother and how she grew petunias every year.  

We spent four days in this lovely city. 


One hot day we crossed Luzern lake in a boat and went hiking on Mt. Rigi.   We about died from the heat and steepness, but a trough of cold spring water saved us!  After a cold beer we were able to enjoy the views. 


A saving grace of the heat was wonderful Lake Luzern, just perfect for lowering our temperatures.    



The four days in this interesting and historic city went by fast. Next stop: the Bernese Oberlander area of the Swiss Alps!  We sure hoped it would be cooler up there.  

Linking to Mosaic Mondays

6 comments:

  1. Oh my...what grand views and amazing sights! It's always so refreshing near the water in the hot weather! I'll be back for more travel photos! I love these! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Switzerland is beautiful. I love your photos from Luzern! Gorgeous views! Wishing you a happy day and a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful views of beautiful Luzern. I have once visited, but too long ago. Happy MM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary - welcome to Mosaic Monday! I have been to several parts of Switzerland, but not Luzern. The classic Swiss architecture is so lovely. Glad you could find a beer and a lake to cool you down after your hike! Essentials no matter what country you are in. I hope you link again soon, and I look forward to hearing more about your adventures abroad and at home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These are stunning scenes from the mountains to the awesome, bright buildings! Thanks for sharing them with us.

    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!