Saturday, March 13, 2021

Waiting for the Storm


Boulder is supposed to get up to 30" of snow today and tomorrow, a fact that has been broadcast widely since Monday.  We've all had plenty of time to get ready and now we're just waiting.  Snow was predicted to start late yesterday afternoon, but then the forecast pushed it back to last night and then pushed again early this morning.  And now it's almost 11:00 and we have only a light rain.  When I checked the NWS Boulder on Twitter the latest tweet basically said, "Yes, it's just rain right now but you just wait!"  


So we are.  I had in mind to get Turbo out for a good walk this morning but almost as soon as he was awake he headed for the sofa and there he's been ever since.   I'm on my second cup of coffee and still haven't finished reading the newspapers, so it's clearly going to be one of those nice slow days.   

Not that we don't have plenty of keep us busy.  I have homework for my online Photoshop Elements class, more quilting to do on this small scrap quilt....

  
....and want to get the borders sewn to this larger scrap quilt and get started on piecing together a backing fabric for it.  Does that green batik in the inner borders and corner blocks look a bit muddy to you?  Never fear; I'm going to couch some nice heavy colorful threads in those areas to liven it up.    


Ben has a jigsaw puzzle he's been saving for a big snow and, of course, we'll make a good dinner and do some shoveling.  

Writing about snow reminds me of this photo I took several days after the last storm when I finally got out to clear off my car.  I thought this ledge of snow was pretty cool. 


The big event for the upcoming week is that we're getting our second vaccine on Wednesday.   As friends also get vaccinated, socializing is becoming a bit easier.  Yesterday I drove down to the Denver Art Museum with a fully vaccinated friend and it was great not to have to wear a mask every minute of the trip.  Most minutes, but not all, which was a nice change.  We saw "Paris to Hollywood: The Fashion and Influence of Veronique and Gregory Peck,"  featuring ensembles that Veronique bought, wore, and documented over three decades.  She was a stylish French woman and patronized designers from around the world.  We enjoyed seeing her wonderful clothes, including this dress which she wore on her first date with Gregory Peck when he was in Rome making Roman Holiday.   Isn't it yummy? 


It's almost noon now and I'm thinking it's time to get up off the sofa and get moving.  I expressed this thought to Ben and he informed me that "The afternoon is the new morning!"



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!