Monday, October 17, 2022

It's getting Better All the Time




We're enjoying a lovely autumn this year, with pretty yellow and red colors everywhere you look and good weather most days. 


It's been three weeks since my accident and I'm moving out of the "black and blue" phase and into the "physical therapy" phase.  'Black and blue" is exactly what the left side of my body was for those few weeks; swollen and bruised.   The broken bone itself is a mild pain compared to the swelling that the fall caused.  My hand and arm was huge and specularly colored, and it hurt, too.  



But now the swelling has receded and I'm not in so much pain.  There are still lots of things I can't do --wear front zippered pants, wear a jacket, drive,  walk fast, tie my shoes, or type very well.  But I don't hurt so much, and that's good!   I've spent a lot of time these past few weeks just resting.  And I binged on all three seasons of "For All Mankind" on Apple TV. 

Today I start PT.  Let the games begin!  Yes, I know it will hurt.  But I'm ready to get going. 

What's your "go to" happy place when you have to get through something  unpleasant,  like a medical test or dental procedure, or PT?  I always imagine being on a beach,  hanging out near some pretty blue water,  listening to the sound of the waves, and maybe doing some snorkeling,    

One more autumn photo...... 


i



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!