Friday, January 5, 2024

January 5: The Business Side of Making Fiber Art


Spent much of yesterday preparing four quilts to hang in a local show in Denver. Each one required a hanging sleeve, a wooden slat (which nice Ben cut for me), a wire, a label, and a fabric bag with  label.  It was a lot of work, and reminded me of why I don't take the time to enter more exhibitions.  

But occasionally it's good to make the effort, for the camaraderie of doing something with other artists, to encourage sales, and get pieces out of the house and be seen by other people. To make entering the exhibit more fun my friend Lolly and I agreed that if we got in we'd celebrate with a nice brunch after we drive halfway across Denver to turn our pieces in this morning. 

So here they are, all ready! Goal met, and a nice brunch ahead!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!