Thursday, October 22, 2009
Paul has decided to be a wizard for Halloween. Apparently this is not a popular choice right now, since we couldn't find any suitable costumes or even suitable patterns for a costume. (He wanted a cloak, not a cape, with long hanging sleeves and a hood. And a hat, thank you very much!) On Ebay I found this old Simplicity pattern and today Paul picked out his fabrics -- green fleece for the cloak, gold lame for the hood lining, and green sequins for the sleeve cuffs.
This is the first time since Paul has been trick-or-treating that I've got to sew his costume, and I'm really excited about it. It's been forever since I've sewed anything, and I'm looking forward to working that magic that turns yards of fabric into something fun to wear.