Monday, December 14, 2009

Sights and Sounds of the Season



Last night I went with my mother to hear my sister sing with the Mormon Choir at the Visitor's Center of the Mormon Temple here in the DC area. Most of my family is Mormon and going to the Visitor's Center every Christmas to see the Festival of Lights and hear a special concert is one of their traditions. I am not a Mormon but I sometimes go along for the family experience or to accompany my mother, like I did last night. The lights are very beautiful and sometimes unique, like this display of "flowers" made by using two colors of lights. The concert was great fun, featuring lighter music such as "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" and a swinging version of "Jingle Bells." Later Mom and I had sandwiches and one-scoop sundaes while we chatted at the local diner.

Seeing the lights, hearing the music, and visiting with my Mom; what a pleasant way to spend the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!