Saturday, August 20, 2011

Getting Ready

School starts in less than two weeks and we've been getting ready.

First order of business: Cleaning up. That meant getting rid of all of last year's school papers and workbooks, used up school supplies, and all the assorted things that collect during the school year, so we have a clean slate for this year's school paraphernalia. While I was at it, I looked through most of Paul's toys and projects and worked with him to identify what he didn't need any more. (Paul would like our house to be several times larger so he'd never have to get rid of anything. When I explained that we're not getting a new house and that there's just no room in this one for new toys and projects, he relented and reluctantly said goodbye to old balloons, broken games, and half completed art projects.)

Once that was done, I tackled my home office area, getting rid of old papers and assorted stuff, and then sorted through Ben's and my books and CDs to see what we no longer needed.

It sure felt good to see all this stuff leaving the house, either for donation to the local library book sale or to charity, or out to the trash.

For a fun reward after all this work, Paul and I are now using the stencils and ideas in Lettering in Crazy Cool Quirky Style by the Klutz company to make labels for various school books and supplies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!