Sunday, November 20, 2011

We Need a Little Christmas

I'd been feeling a bit glum this past week, what with thinking about my Mom and dealing with a sick Ben and an almost-sick Paul, so I readily agreed to meet my sister for some much-needed fun on Saturday. We spent a couple of hours at Greenstreet Gardens, a local nursery, enjoying its Christmas decorations and music. Santa had arrived by firetruck shortly before we got there, a chorus of school children was singing, there were all kinds of decorated Christmas trees, all types of ornaments, a nice selection of gifts, and, of course, all kinds of plants and flowers. It was very enjoyable.

I loved these cute elf shoes...

... and the brass ensemble.

It was such fun that I took Paul later that day to see the illumination of lights at Homestead Gardens, another local nursery. The light display was quite festive...

...and Paul especially enjoyed the green trees with red trunks.

As a felt my spirits lift throughout the day, I thought of the song from Auntie Mame which goes:

For we need a little music, Need a little laughter, Need a little singing Ringing through the rafter, And we need a little snappy "Happy ever after," Need a little Christmas now.

Of course I agree with giving Thanksgiving its due, and I know it will be hard on Christmas Day without going to my mother's house for our traditional 4:00 gathering, but I am still looking forward to the cheerful sights and sounds of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!