Monday, December 19, 2011

Cold in the Big Apple

We spent the weekend in the Big Apple, seeing the holiday sights and the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall.

Do we look cold? It was freezing! And windy. And oh, so crowded. This photo was taken the one time there wasn't a swirling crowd of people around us on the sidewalk.

Did we have a good time anyway? Sure did! Ben particularly likes NYC --the buzz, the food, the walking -- and I love to share that with him.

This was Paul's first trip and he couldn't care less about the buzz, the food, the shopping, but he loved the double-decker buses. As soon as he spotted one he wanted to get on a tour.

I wasn't so excited about this idea -- did I tell you that it was cold and windy?-- but I went with him and, oddly enough, we had a great time.

I got a kick out of watching Paul take videos of the skyscrapers....

...and we got off at Battery Park and took the Staten Island Ferry out to check out the skyline and the Statue of Liberty, something I had always wanted to do.

If you click on this photo, you'll see the Statue in the background, and you'll understand why Paul has his arm up, just like Lady Liberty.

After being so cold this weekend, I was happy to get home last night and turn my heated mattress pad up to a toasty temperature. It was bliss!


1 comment:

  1. If you got a lot o' money you can make yourself merry,
    If you only got a nickel, it's the Staten Island Ferry.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!