Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Full Moon

Did you see the full moon last night? If you were outside at all, you probably did, since it was one of those that just demanded that you notice it. I was at my Mom's house, putting some things out for pickup, when it floated up over the neighbor's house, huge and yellow. As I drove home it had risen a bit and was an odd shade of blue. Later in the evening it had risen over our house and was a pretty white with a hazy glow around it.

The announcer on the radio called it a "snow moon," a phrase I hadn't heard before. I guess he was referring to the fact that we may get some snow today. Most likely it will be rain since we just can't seem to get any snow this winter, even though we still have our snowflake lights up on our side porch as an encouragement.

It was a beautiful night last night. The fish have been coming out at night and the pond has been looking quite pretty.


As much as I'd like some snow, I'm also looking forward to warmer weather when we can sit outside at night and enjoy our porch and patio.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!