Saturday, February 18, 2012

New Rugs

Years ago we learned that good rugs and dogs do not go together. We kept our hard wood floors uncovered except in the living room and the two hallways, for which we bought a sequence of cheap rugs from places like Home Depot and threw them out when they got too dirty.

Now we are dogless and expect to remain that way, and things are different. We got a nice rug for the living room from Garnett Hill two years ago and have really enjoyed it. So much so that for the past year I've been watching that company's offerings, waiting to find just the right rugs for the hallways. I wanted something dark enough to hide the wear and tear in these high-traffic areas, but light and modern enough to bring some new color and brightness into these halls. A few weeks ago I spotted what I wanted in the latest catalog and ordered two new rugs which came this week.

Here's the downstairs hallway with the old rug.

And here it is with the new rug. I love the zippy pattern and the overall lighter colors. This is Garnett Hill's Pinwheel Hooked Rug.

For the upstairs hall I bought the Cat's Paw Hooked Rug. I'm quite pleased with how it looks, also.

While I've been decorating, the guys have been making a lot of progress on the jigsaw puzzle! It's supposed to rain or even snow tomorrow, and I bet they'll finish it up this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!