Sunday, November 4, 2012

"On to Thanksgiving!"

I had to laugh at school on Friday when I ran into one of the Preschool teachers in the staff lounge.  She'd just finished her class Halloween party, which had been pushed back to Friday because of Hurricane Sandy's visit on Monday and Tuesday.  As she left the lounge to head back to her students  she said, with a wry smile,  "On to Thanksgiving!" 

Halloween has come and gone and Thanksgiving will be here in a flash.  By Wednesday we ought to know who will be President for the next four years.  A week after that Paul goes to a two-night, three-day camp as part of school and Ben and I are taking some time off together while he's gone.  We'll all be back together just as the school's week-long Thanksgiving break begins. 

So this weekend I made sure to put away the few Halloween decorations we managed to get up and decorated the mantel, entry shelf, and kitchen window for Thanksgiving.  It put me in a mood of thanks giving, which is always a good thing.    



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!