Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Tube to Work Day

I went for an early morning bike ride yesterday, following the Boulder Creek bike path west into a large public park.  On the path there I passed this fellow, who looked mighty interesting.  Suddenly I remembered reading that Tuesday was Boulder's Eight annual "Tube to Work Day," with tubing expected to start at 8:00 A.M. 


It was about 7:30, so I parked my bike and watched the pre-launch festivities.  There were several reporters interviewing participants...


...lots of picture taking...


...and people just relaxing on their tubes. 


There was a reading of the Tube to Work Poem (I couldn't hear a word but enjoyed the occasional cheers from the crowd) and then they were off!  




Today's local newspaper reports that about 200 people participated in the event this year, up from the two who began the tradition in 2008.  In case you're wondering, most participants agreed that tubing to work wasn't especially practical, but it sure was fun.

I biked on home thinking that you never know what good things may come of getting up early to exercise.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!