Monday, April 4, 2016

Monday Morning Thoughts

This morning I'm thinking of my niece and my sister, both shown in this photo taken a couple of years ago. 


My niece Amy is celebrating her 40th birthday today.  Isn't it amazing when people you've known as little children grow up and reach milestones like this?  Even though she is quite grown up and busy raising a large family of her own, in one part of my mind Amy will always be the little funny blond haired girl we enjoyed all those years ago.  

And my wonderful sister has the shingles! The poor baby!  The doctor confirmed what I already knew, that she's in for a bad time for several weeks.  After hearing about the pain, the possible side affects of the medicine, and the chance of permanent nerve damage, Jean said of her doctor "I didn't like her very much!"   I feel so bad for my Jeannie Bean. 

Ah, life. 

Well, to end more happily,  here's a fun video Ben shared this with me this morning which made me smile. 




2 comments:

  1. Shingles is the worst!! Jim has had it, and one of my golfing buddies currently has it (youch!), I had the vaccine but they tell me it's only 60% effective. Oh well. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a pretty picture.
    Children seem to stop at certain ages in our hearts don't they?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!