Thursday, August 31, 2017

I Like San Diego!

I returned on Tuesday evening from a long weekend in San Diego with my sister, Jean, and our friend, Janice.   I really liked being in San Diego again. 

We stayed at the Marriott resort on Coronado, where we had this great view of the bay and the Coronado Bridge from our balcony.   


There was a lovely pool and with a nice deck for dining al fresco in San Diego's "almost always" perfect weather.  At night the palm trees were lit up. 


Our original intent was to lay around the pool for three days but in the end we only managed to relax for an afternoon.  There is so much to do in San Diego!  We went to a ballgame, ate a salted caramel sundae at Ghiradelli's in the Gaslight District, went to Balboa Park to see the Zoo and the San Diego Art Museum,  toured the USS Midway, ate lots of wonderful food, walked through the streets of Coronado while admiring the interesting houses and the lovely flowers, and visited the Visions Art Quilt Museum in Liberty Station.   

At the game

Hibiscus

Enlisted men's bunks on the USS Midway
 As fun as all these activities were, the most fun was seeing Jean and Janice again.  This trip was our 18th getaway, an annual celebration of our friendship!  

At the Zoo

Linking to my friend LeeAnna's "I Like Thursdays" blog.

2 comments:

  1. We love San Diego! I lived there in the 70s, many wonderful memories...we still love to go anytime. There is a fantastic quilt shop in East San Diego, Rosie's. Acres of fabric.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!