Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Finally! Haunted House Photos


I've mentioned that Paul is acting in Boulder High School's Annual Haunted House (HH) this year, but I promised not to post any photos of him in costume until it was all over.  And, finally, it is over, so here he is!



In case you haven't picked it up, this year's theme was Circus.  HH guests followed a dark path through a weird and spooky circus, seeing icky things like a man swallowing a sword while blood ran out his mouth (yuck!) and menacing monkeys clanging cymbals (scarier than you'd think!), while various circus performers jumped out, swung out, and flew out of the darkness (yikes!).

In one of the last scenes a creepy clown threatened us with his hammer while bloody and despairing people he had caged up in a corner cried out to us for help.   You got it; the scary clown was Paul.

Ben went through the HH on opening night and declared it fun and not too scary.  I took Paul's two 14-year old cousins through with me on Saturday night and thought it was quite scary.  Good thing I was with two other adults because the cousins did nothing to protect me.  Quite the contrary, I ended up having to go first and hold their hands while I did a lot of screaming.

Last night I worked with my friend Sara as a parent volunteer doing line management for the closing night.  My job was to recite the HH rules to the groups of people going through the house.  Sara got to slam the door shut behind each group as they started into HH.  Bam! the door slams behind you and you start down the dark stairs.....  Sara and I had such a good time working together.


Before the evening started Paul took me on a quick "lights on" walk-through which I loved because I got to really see all the costumes and scenes.  It was all so well done.

And then I got to go through the dark HH in the last group of the evening.  You'd think I'd be used to it all by then, but no, I was again very scared.   It was a great Halloween. 


1 comment:

  1. Your son looks so cool in his makeup and costume! The haunted house is too scary for me!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!