Sunday, April 22, 2018

Back from Disneyland



I was gone all this week on a jaunt to Disneyland and the California Adventure Park with my sister, Jean, and my SIL, Dawn, both huge Disney lovers.  I can take or leave Disney but it's always fun to share it with people who love it, like these two gals do.   We were very compatible travelers and this trip was at a perfect time of the year; great weather and small crowds.   



I just followed Jean and Dawn around and bravely did scary rides... 

....like Space Mountain!...


....and Guardians of the Galaxy (the old Tower of Terror, remodeled after Disney's purchase of Marvel Comics).  


I've decided that scary rides are good because you get to scream your head off!  


When I do a trip with Jean we always seem to end up at a ball park, and we did fit in a game at the Angels Stadium in Anaheim.   I enjoy going to games with her since she knows a lot about baseball and tells me what's going on.  Turns out that Dawn knows about baseball, too, and since I sat between them,  I had the benefit of both their knowledge.  Got me kind of excited about following the Rockies this year.


Unfortunately, it wasn't the best game as the Red Socks clobbered the Angels 9-0, although we did get to see a Grand Slam.  We left at the top of the 7th and headed over to a nearby bar where we enjoyed a big plate of really good nachos.  Wicked, I know, but we were on vacation!


I got home Friday evening and most of Saturday was devoted to enjoying Boulder High School's spring musical, Side Show.   Never heard of it, have you?  Well, neither had I but it turned out to be  very entertaining.   I went to the afternoon and evening show and had a great time.

In addition to the kid's amazing performances it was fun to see the result of Paul's work as Head of the Front House.  That means managing anything not happening in the auditorium itself, and in this case it meant turning the lobby into a entrance to the side show.

Paul figured out how to reuse the big circus tent which was originally a prop for the fall Haunted House production as the basis for the decorations.  This was trickier than you might think.  Since the theater lobby is also the main entrance to the school the tent had to constructed so it could be taken down each night of the rehearsals and performances.  Paul worked that out and then taught his crew of two students how to take care of that task on their own.  He was very proud of them!


 Once he had the tent challenge mastered he worked on other fun elements, like circus popcorn and photo props.



   

I think he was happy with how it all turned out.  


In less than a month he'll be out of school; yikes!  It's going to be a wild ride these next few weeks as I have three music concerts and a big music banquet to deal with as Chair of the music parents group, and then there's graduation on May 19th followed by Ben's birthday on the 21st.   Good thing I got all that R&R in California! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!