Thursday, May 3, 2018

On the Camera: Photos That Made Me Smile


Looking over my April photographs, I found a some that made me smile so I thought I'd share them  with you.

My fabulous sister Jean on a helicopter ride over the outer bands of North Carolina.  She looks like she's having a great time!


Living it up at Oak at 14th with Ben.


Shadows!  This fence at CU Engineering quad seemed to have been built to make cool green shadows.



And some black and white shadows.


My first quilting retreat where wine was part of the plan.  Loved it!


Victor and Carlos, happy to have their photo taken after finishing up their wonderful stonework on our flagstone patio.


Muscular paintings of horses at the Degas show at the Denver Art Museum.


Four young women at Disneyland, proud to pose for a photograph in their lit-up headwear.


Beautiful spring flowers.


This little cutie graced the mantel of my friend Mary, my co-worker in the Boulder quilt guild library.  I felt like this quite a lot during April.  What a busy month!


My SIL, Dawn, making friends in the LAX airport on the way home from our trip to Disneyland.



Flowers that Jean and I sent our good friend, Janice, after her surgery.  What a wonderful friendship we've shared now for over fifty years!   I'm so glad she is on the mend.


Paul and Elsa walking together;  after the picture taking and before Prom.


A detail of a quilt of mine that was accepted into an exhibit by the Front Range Contemporary Quilters and the Parker Cultural Arts Center for a shown titled "Contrast"  I was so pleased to have been accepeted into this juried show.
 

The board of the Instrumental Music Parents Association, for which I am Chairperson until mid-July.  But the bulk of the work will be over by May 15th!


Now on to May!

Joining my friend LeeAnna's "I Like" Thursday, at Not Afraid of Color.


7 comments:

  1. Wow. What a set of likes. Congrats on the juried show entry! Flowers, neat fences, pretty dresses - and one of these days I'll get myself to a quilting retreat. They look like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool posts. Congrats on your beautiful stitches for the quilt show. Your photography skills are fun to see. mary in Az

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific post! Loved the pics, especially the one of Paul on the way to prom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So are you going to show us the wonderful stonework on your flagstone patio? or just the blokes who made it? ;-)
    The thimble is so cute! and the flowers gorgeous. I hope your friend is doing better.
    I am glad you got your work into the show! I hope there are a lot of good comments about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this kind of post - so much variety!!! Congratulations on being chosen for a juried show - the quilt is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your quilt entry. Have you posted a full photo of it? Thanks for sharing your pics, especially if those lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!