Thursday, June 28, 2018

"I LIke" Thursday

Joining my friend LeeAnna's "I Like" Thursday, at Not Afraid of Color because one antidote to these  crazy political times is refocusing on the little things that make you happy.    

Did I tell you that Paul came home from his trip to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands?  He had a great time and was all smiles as he sported a nifty Panama hat and some cool sunglasses.   I like having him back. 


No sooner had he returned but he cut his hair and bleached it to a summery silver.  I like it, but I'd better enjoy it now since he says he'll soon add some color, maybe blue.



Did I tell you that Fetcher got a big cut under his front left leg, up in the armpit?  (Do cats have armpits? Well, you get the idea anyway.)  The vet said it looked like he jumped up on a fence that had metal or glass at the top.  Poor kitty!  He had to get several stitches and stay inside for a week which he hated except that he got to snuggle up with Ben a lot.  He's on the mend now, which I like very much.  


The flowers around here have been very beautiful so far this year.  Don't know what this one is, but I sure like it.


It's been fun watching the blooming Allium .....


..transform into these space-like dried flowers.



There's been a lot of purple flowers lately, which I like. 



It's been hot the past few days and check out this weather forecast for tomorrow!  I don't think its hit 100 degrees since we moved here.   Not so sure I like this new record. 



But I do like gin & tonics on a hot summer day! 



And even in the heat, meeting friends downtown for happy hour is always fun. 


Actually, I'm not too concerned about it being 100 degrees tomorrow since by 7:30 a.m. I'll be on a bus to the airport and by 4:00 p.m. Hawaii time I'll be in Maui!  Ben and I are off to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.  I like that!


I won't be posting here for the next week or so, and I'm anti Facebook at the moment (bad FB!), but I may put a few photos up on Instagram.  Catch me at Spikeyfetcher.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!