Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Happy Birthday to Me!


This rose in my garden reminds me of my mother.  She always made and decorated cakes for her kids' birthdays and frequently put pretty roses of frosting on the tops.  She would be amazed that I'm now sixty-seven!   I am, myself.  My generation grew up hiding under school desks in preparation for the coming nuclear war and never thought we'd be alive at thirty.  And here I am now, only thirteen years away from being eighty. 

The clock is ticking and I'm making the most of the time I have ahead.  

Unlike Paul, who has all the time in the world and hence just wanted to "chill out" on his recent birthday, I know my time is limited and I've got fun plans lined up for today.  A long walk, a Pilates lesson, lunch out, some kayaking this afternoon, and dinner with John & Dawn.  It should be a great day!   
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!