Wednesday, September 12, 2018

I Like Thursday: Lazy Summer Afternoons

After a brief spell of cooler days, Boulder is back to having hot summer afternoons.  I find myself giving into the heat, hanging out in the my non-air conditioned but still cool living room to escape the sun. 

I'm not the only one.   Fetcher is always up for a little nap.  



That Handsome Dog Gus is staying with us this week and we're glad to see that he doesn't mind joining us for an afternoon snooze.  


When the temps climb to above 90 in the afternoon, you have to plan to walk or hike in the cooler mornings or evenings.  It's so worth the effort to get outside, not only because your body loves it, but because there is usually a good view as a reward.  


And sometimes even some art!  Loved the surprise of finding this wonderful sculpture by Steve Jensen at Lake McIntosh in Longmont the other day.


 Back home there's plenty of quilting, gardening, and cleaning to do, but they're not getting done with any speed.

I had to laugh when I saw this sign on the taps at the Boulderado, where Ben and I had lunch today.   It about sums things up! 


Well, those lazy, crazy, hazy days of summer will be gone before we know it, so we might as well enjoy them now. 

Linking to my friend Lee Anna's weekly I Like Thursdays at Not Afraid of Color.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! What a handsome dog - I love yellow labs and really wish I could have one. Beautiful views, boy I guess so! It's nice to get out and enjoy the fresh air. We've actually had a string of five days between 70 and 75 and low humidity. It has been so nice to have the a/c off, windows open and to need a light blanket at night. It won't be long now. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naps are awesome! I'm ready for some cool temps, not quite ready for the fall rains but I've enjoyed the last few days of rain. Love that sculpture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous when I read about other people having moderate temps and we're blistering here! How are you handling not being constantly on the move? Relaxing into the dog days of summer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great picture of your yawning kitty! And I love that sculpture. What a cool piece of art to come across! Good luck in the heat, hopefully fall will come before too long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naps! I love the photo of the lake and the mountains. That sculpture is pretty cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The walk at Lake Mcintosh looks like something we would enjoy! We are near there every now and then and it looks beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!