Monday, April 29, 2019

A No Snow Day

We've been advised that there will be snow.  We were advised that a cold front would sweep in yesterday afternoon bringing bands of snow that would be heavy at times and leave many inches on the ground.

 It was a hard prediction to believe since yesterday morning was wonderfully warm and sunny, though a tad windy in some parts.  However, since bad weather was apparently on the way we decided to go out for a hike.  We joined our friend Lotus and her friend Chris and drove up Flagstaff Mountain to the beginning of the West Ridge Trail which leads to the summit of Green Mountain.  I was tired out from some serious hiking Ben and I had done the past two days, but I figured I could do it since I'd done it once before, five years ago when we first moved here.   Surely I'm in better shape now!  And it wasn't too bad until we reached a series of switchbacks which led up to the summit.  That was a "huff and puff" section, but then bingo! up we popped at the top with its amazing views of the Indian Peaks and the Boulder area.

Here we are looking happy yesterday. 


And here we are looking happy five years ago.


It's only a three mile round trip but you sure feel like you've accomplished something!


It didn't snow yesterday, but we were advised that it would start snowing by 11:00 this morning so I snuck in another, shorter, hike up in Chautauqua before we did our Meals on Wheels route.  But it never has started snowing and I'm beginning to think that the forecast is just totally wrong.  Doesn't mean that it won't snow this spring.  In 2017 we had a good dump way at the end of May!

Although it's cold and very overcast outside now I haven't heard any frost warnings, so maybe the flowers and tree blossoms will be saved.  I hope so, since they are so pretty.



Still, this grey and cold afternoon is perfect for doing some work on the quilt of the photo I took when we were in Bellagio, Italy, a few years ago. 


You may remember that a couple of weeks ago I had made a drawing from the photo.


Now I'm slowly be surely making the buildings out of fabric, creating the basic structures to which details will be added later. 



It's a challenge for sure!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!