Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Empty Nesters!

Yes, that's Paul in that van, with Dad at the wheel and his belongings packed in the truck bed.  He's off for the big adventure of living away from home with some friends, something he's been looking forward to for a couple of years.   


Here he is in front of the house that he and two of his friends found to share.  Don't they look excited and happy?  


This was the third house they tried to rent, so they were relieved to finally find the right place for them.  The two girls took the upstairs bedrooms and baths, leaving Paul happily claiming the basement for himself.  The house is right downtown so Paul can catch the bus to just about anywhere and also walk to many stores, coffee shops, and sights.    

Ben and I are delighted for Paul and think he'll learn a lot this year about personal finances, living with roommates, and the importance of education and work.  We're also happy for us; after twenty years of daily parenting we're ready for him to spread his wings!  So it's all good.  



Of course, such big changes often bring a sadness.  I'm going to miss having my boy around every day.  Sure glad he's less than two miles away!  



3 comments:

  1. I was thinking about when we went through that. The house was suddenly so quiet. I think a nice big lasagna would make a great housewarming, don’t you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! I love the pic with them being themselves at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THey do look happy indeed! I love that house!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!