Wednesday, October 11, 2023

October 11: Time with The Queen





I haven't spent much time lately with my quilting machine, the fabulous Bernina Q20, nicknamed "The Queen, "but today I did, adding quilting to a lap size quilt which I want to finish up before we leave for Hawaii later this month. The Queen was just as wonderful as always, running smoothly and fast, and I got a lot done. 

The plastic curved thing you see in the first photo is a "machine quilting ruler" and it works with a special "quilting ruler foot," the idea being that you can make smooth curves and lines by running your machine needle next to a thick curved or straight edge to get the desired result.  

I am no master at it, but do find it handy and made a point of picking quilting designs for this quilt that I can use with this technique. 

Someone else made the body of the top layer of this quilt, with all those squares,  as an "outreach quilt," to be given to a family in need of comfort, but when it was passed to me to finish I thought it was too small and an odd shape so I bought some additional fabric and  added the borders and created the back.  I really like it and plan to "swap it" out with two smaller quilts I have so that they go to outreach and I keep this one.  A bit unorthodox, but everyone will be happy in the end.

Turbo likes it, too, and is glad it will stay here with us!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!