Monday, May 6, 2024

May 6: A Windy Day

We are enjoying a beautiful spring here in Boulder.  The redbud trees and the lilacs are competing for attention, the tulips are up, and the iris are about to pop. It's a busy time, what with cleaning off the patio, planting a few pots with hardy annuals, weeding and mulching, and, of course, the first lawn mowing of the season.  


But it is not a settled time.  Often our days are chilly and even snowy, and we half expect another round of snow around Mother's Day. 



I thought this FB post was fun.



Gardening is front and center this time of year, but I have found some time to be the studio.  I designed and sewed this little wall hanging, which is about 17x30".  One of my quilt groups had a challenge to use the  Golden Ratio  theory to make a piece and this is what I did.  Most of the beautiful fabrics are hand-dyes from Cherrywood.  They feel like suede and are wonderful to sew. 



And here's some details of the quilting.  Yes, it is a challenge to figure out just what motifs to use!  





The past week or so I haven't been able to settle on any particular project, though I can see from these recent pictures that I'm currently captivated by bright spring colors. 



The big news around here is that our Venezuelan friends had their initial immigration hearing and are authorized to stay here at least until March 2025 when their case will get an individual hearing before the court.  Ben and I went with them to Denver last week and while I didn't take many photos, I got these two which speak volumes. 

This is the bulletin board which offers "self education" information about the long and complex process of finding a path to stay in the US.  Getting a lawyer is highly recommended.


And this is me with a big smile on the courthouse plaza after the proceedings. 



I have a full day on this Monday, starting soon with making our Meals on Wheels deliveries, a trip to the gym this afternoon, and then attending a friend's concert this evening.  As I type this there are big gusts of wind outside and I'm glad I've donned my wind pants! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!