Sunday, January 21, 2024

January 21: Napili Kai Beach Resort

I’m sitting on my lanai as I type, keeping an eye out for whales and admiring my view. 


We are staying at the Napili Kai Beach Resort.  Early on Ben and I decided that resorts weren’t for us and have avoided them all these years.  I associated them with tall towers of concrete and glass, noisy people, and “all  inclusive” food and drinks, and we preferred a simpler, quieter, and more independent type of vacation.  But when I was in Maui last year with Jean and Janice we walked through the Napili Kai beach Resort and I knew I had to stay here.  

It is situated on beautiful Napili Bay and a very short walk from Kapalua Bay, both with good snorkeling. 


The grounds and buildings are lovely.


It has a variety of accommodations and attracts many return visitors who clearly are quite at home. 


It hosts a selection of activities that highlight Hawaiian culture and history. 


It has an on-site restaurant which is excellent and is within two miles of at least three fabulous fine dining places and many more casual restaurants.  There are several nearby markets and one major grocery store. 

And if all that isn’t enough the beautiful Kapalua Coastal Trail starts right across the parking lot.  

I spent most of yesterday exploring this peaceful and beautiful site.  



Today we’re going to be more active, starting with a trip to Snorkel Bob’s for equipment and a snorkel in Kapalua Bay. I’d better stop writing  and get going.

Haven’t seen any whales this morning but no worries. Yesterday afternoon I saw quite a show out here.  One very active fellow seemed to be practicing his breaching, leaping halfway out of the water over and over.  It was very splashy and exciting!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!