Sunday, February 18, 2024

February 18: Enjoying the Snow

About five or six inches of light and pretty snow fell Friday afternoon and into Saturday morning.  It was a lovely backdrop to our dinner out Friday at Corrida, a "sophisticated Spanish-inspired steakhouse," up on the top (meaning the 4th) floor of a downtown building complete with a fun rooftop patio.  We had a table next to a window from which we could watch the snow and admire the pretty snow covered city below us. 


We could have reserved one of the enclosed glass huts out on the patio, but we appreciated the warmth of the dining room.  This is the second time that we've been up in the restaurant during a snowstorm and I think it's a great way to enjoy a snowfall.   


It was pretty outside as we waited for our Lyft. 



On Saturday Ben went to the climbing gym and Turbo went to the groomer's, so I had several hours to do some sewing without any interruption.  For a while I had my old Pfaff machine out to do some easy piecing on a kit that I had bought a few months ago expressly to have something easy and pretty to work on during snow days.  

It was fun to watch the snowy views out the window while also screening old Gilmore Girl episodes as a sewed squares together into none patch blocks. 


Later I got out a piece of cross stitch embroidery my mother had made years ago and never framed.  It's taken me more than ten years to decide to make it the center of a small quilted piece, surrounding her work with borders of batik fabric that echoed the sentiment of the piece, "To everything there is a season..."  I was pretty happy with what I picked and how I arranged the borders.  I got them sewn and then found a back and some batting and layered them all, so now the piece is ready to quilt. 
 



When I picked up Turbo the groomer gave him an A for good behavior and he looked really good.  Turbo loves Chelsea and does follow her instructions very patiently.  You can see here how he didn't even need a leash to stand still while she trimmed up his ears just a bit more before we left. 


And here he is out in the snow showing off his new haircut and blow out.  He looks handsome, doesn't he?







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!