Friday, February 2, 2024

February 2: Back Home


I'm writing this from home in Boulder.  On our last evening in Maui we went to Leilani's on the Beach for a goodby celebration.  


We got one last photo of me and Dawn together. x


The next day, was our departure day and our flight was scheduled for 9:00 PM.  We were able to get a late checkout for one of our rooms for a reasonable fee, checked out of the other room, and we hung around the resort until we left for the airport later in the afternoon.  That was really nice!

It was a sunny day but extremely windy, with the surf crashing against the beach and the rocks and a red flag warning against swimming. 





In fact, there wasn't any any really good snorkeling on the whole island. 
 


Our flight was only about a third full, so I had a whole row to myself,  Still, I only slept a few hours and we all were pretty blurry eyed when we arrived in Denver at 6:30 AM. on Tuesday morning.  

At home I had five things I wanted to do: 1) pet my dog, 2) sleep in my own bed, 3) have a quick visit with Ray and Paula, who were leaving that day on their vacation, and 4) welcome their lab, That Handsome Dog Gus, here as his parents left, and 5) unpack.    

Got all those done before going to bed early and I slept well that night.  But I haven't the next two nights and the lack of sleep is making getting over the jet lag and time change difficult.  The days were busy with errands and a couple of activities, so I haven't quite gotten back to my regular energetic self. 

Tomorrow I have no errands or other plans.  Maybe I should follow the dogs' lead and take a nap every few hours!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!