Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Anniversary



Ben and I celebrated our anniversary today. We were married thirty-one years ago in front of the picture window at Ben's Grandmother's house in Arlington. It was a small morning wedding with just family and a few friends. The days leading up to the wedding were very stressful since we sold my house, bought a house, and finished up summer school. Since neither Ben nor I went to church we had a hard time finding someone to marry us.

But the day turned out fine. We were in love and were marrying with the full support of our family. Ben's brother, Jeff, was the Best Man and my college roommate, Myra, was the Maid of Honor. A friend of Ben's family played the flute. Ben's mother decorated the house. My brother greeted the guests when they arrived and my sister played the piano.The minister was genuinely nice and the ceremony was short but sweet.



My mother made a fabulous lunch. Everyone especially loved her punch. I said "no children" but of course that didn't include my cute nephew, Jonathan, who I adored.



Out of respect to my parent's views, no alcohol was served. But Ben's family had a short private celebration downstairs. I love this photo of Ben's mother, Suzanne. She is now bedridden, so it is good to be reminded of how lovely and vibrant she was. After raising three sons, she was so happy to welcome me into the family.

.

My father was the designated photographer but his photos were lost when he sent them in for developing. I'm happy to have these and a few others to remember that happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!