Friday, September 18, 2009

"Nature brings solace in all troubles"

Paul and I headed outside in the early dark night for a little walk to clear our heads of the troubles of this long week. The cool almost-autumn air was refreshing and the challenge of walking with just the light of the flashlights was soothingly diverting. We walked to the nearby pond where the lights of the surrounding houses were beautifully reflected in the water.



As we walked around the pond we heard the faint splash of the frogs as they slipped from the banks or lily pads into the pond to avoid us.



As our tensions eased, I thought of a greeting card I'd bought featuring artwork by the artist Lali and a quote from Anne Frank: "I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles."

Our night walk brought solace to me and Paul, and thinking about the quote and its origin brought me some much-needed perspective to the week's problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!