Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Wells Fargo Wagon

Now that the snow in the driveway is melting, we're getting delivery trucks coming up the drive again. It's always exciting to find a package waiting for you and I often think of the "Wells Fargo Wagon" song from The Music Man. Remember when the townspeople all sing about how exciting it is to see the delivery wagon and how they hope it has something just for them?

O-ho the Wells Fargo Wagon is a-comin' down the street, Oh please let it be for me! O-ho the Wells Fargo Wagon is a-comin' down the street, I wish, I wish I knew what it could be!

Well, today we had three boxes, all full of exciting things.

One of them had five packages of freshly made sausages just ready to go into our next cassoulet.

Another package was just for me, from Jo-Ann's, with two rotating cutting mats, a new Gingher thread snippers, and some thread. The mats include one large one and one small one, and they are perfect for trimming while I strip piece and for sizing up small blocks. I had a rotating mat once before but it was made like a Lazy Susan and didn't lay flat, which was very annoying. These are perfectly flat but still rotate nicely, which is pretty cool.


The third box contains a mini towel warmer, just like the ones they have in spas; you know, the mysterious source of all those hot moist towels they use when you get a massage or a facial. The local Chinese restaurant also gives them to customers before a meal, and Ben and I love them. I told Ben after he had done all that shoveling in the big snow storm that we should take the money we didn't spend on a shoveling crew and buy a towel warmer. And that's what we did.


You see that we haven't opened this box yet. It's way too special to rush. Without discussing it, we held off opening it until we had time to relish the experience. For the moment, we're all satisfied just to know that this fabulous toy is in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!