Monday, May 3, 2010

Breathe Deep

It's the end of a busy day and I should be in bed. I was on the go at school from the moment I entered it this morning, did three errands after picking Paul up, got through the homework war, went up to the Annapolis Quilt Guild meeting where I saw my friend Leanna win first place Viewer's Choice award for her challenge quilt (go, Leanna!), and then home to find my son and husband still gone at 10:15 after making an emergency run to the night time Vet who examined Fetcher's paw (after putting the cat under anesthesia) to find it was so swollen because it had been bitten, presumably by the stray cat who is hanging around causing trouble. It was almost 11:00 before we got Paul into bed.

Okay, now that they are home safe and the cat is on the mend, I can calm down and breathe deeply for a moment. Here's a pretty flower photo I took in the garden yesterday that is quite calming.

That's better.

Yesterday was also busy. One thing that happened was that I went to Homestead Gardens, the local nursery, to check out the water garden offerings since I want to have a small pond this year. Paul and his friend, Evan, went with me and Paul was quite captivated by the big tub of bullfrog tadpoles for sale. After some discussion we decided he could buy two and raise them IF he would take care of them himself, IF he would keep them in a tank outside, and IF he would promise to let them go once they were big bull frogs. So now we have one cat, five hermit crabs, three fish, two small water frogs, and two bullfrog tadpoles. Today Paul told me he "really wants" more pets, like a ferret. Breathe deep!



1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you!