Friday, August 5, 2011

Summer Night Downtown

Paul has been in Pennsylvania visiting Bryan's family, so I picked up Ben after work last night and we had dinner at the Sea Catch in Georgetown. It was a lovely summer evening, not too hot, not too humid, and with just the right amount of cooling breeze, so we ate out on the patio overlooking the C&O Canal. I'm happy to report that the Sea Catch proved that DC restaurants can be just as good as the wonderful ones in Boston.

After dinner, we walked down to Washington Harbor and enjoyed the beautiful fountains and festive atmosphere.



Paul comes home later this afternoon, and I'm looking forward to seeing him. It's been over a week since I've given him a hug or heard his cute voice! Meanwhile, I've got a big list of things to try to get done, not only today but in the next few weeks before school starts. Today I'm taking my mother back to her house to get some things she wants in her new assisted living home, getting Suzanne's mantle clock to the clock repairman, taking a lamp in to Annapolis Lighting for repair (and looking at new lamps while I'm there), packing up a couple of boxes of housewares from the basement to take to Value Village, and going to the grocery store. At least that's what's on my list; we'll see what the day really brings! Hopefully, a few minutes to read the newspaper by the pond, which is one of my big summer time goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!