Sunday, August 7, 2011

Things to Smile About

My mother likes her new assisted living home well enough --the food is good, the caregivers are kind, the decor is nice -- but I think it's fair to say that she's not happy to be eighty-nine and not able to do all the things she used to do, even at age eighty-eight. So it was good to see her smile yesterday when she saw Paul for the first time in a week.


We all smiled! We missed him while he was away visiting his friends in Pennsylvania.

One of those friends, Robbie, stayed the weekend with us, and it's been good to see him again, too. I took the boys to IHOP this morning, where they had lucious pancakes. Oh, how wonderful to be a kid and eat like that! (I had scrambled eggs and bacon.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!