Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Cooking Up a Storm

Ben's brother, John, and his wife, Dawn, and their twin boys are coming over for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. For the first time in years, I'm cooking the turkey, and I'm having fun.

Here's the menu:

Fish House Punch
(something Ben wants to try)

Crab Meat Canape
(something I want to try)


*************
Apple Bourbon Turkey
(from Southern Living Magazine)

Cornbread & Oyster Stuffing
(Ben's mother loved this)

Gravy; Cranberry Sauce; Mashed Potatoes
(my mother always made these)

Roasted vegetables

Sweet Potato casserole
(Dawn's specialty)

*************
Apple Pie
(for Ben)


Pumpkin Cheesecake
(another of Dawn's specialty)

Brownies
(for Paul and his cousins)

Vanilla Ice Cream

I'm through with the first round of cooking. The cranberry sauce, cornbread, and brownies are all cooling on the kitchen counter, and the turkey is brining in its apple juice, sugar, and bourbon bath in the fridge.

Tonight I'll make and refrigerate the pie dough. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!