Sunday, November 25, 2012

Our friends the Heckmans, who now live in Pennsylvania, came down to visit us and other friends in their old neighborhood yesterday.  It was wonderful to see them again, to check out how they've grown in just the past few months, and to hear them laugh and mess around with Paul.  These boys have known each other since they were born.
The boys lent a hand to our friends the Dells as they moved our piano to their house.  A while back I had decided it was time to let the piano go, not an easy decision since it was a gift from my father many  years back when I was taking voice lessons and singing for the Methodist church.  Those days are long gone and for years the piano has stood unused except to hold Paul's flute and music.  Occasionally I'd sit down to play, but these were lackluster attempts, and I finally decided it was time to let it go. Luckily, the Dells were happy to take the piano since their two boys had been taking keyboard lessons for several years, and I was happy to know that it had gone to a good home.


After the piano was gone, Margie helped me rearrange the dining room, positioning the table so the leaves could be easily extended when we had people to dinner.  I love how it turned out.   


The new arrangement has a little spot just for Paul's music stand, flute, and sheet music, and worked out perfectly when he had his flute lesson later in the day.  


Once we were done with our arranging, Margi and I sat for Ben to take our pictures. Didn't he do a good job?  Or was it the camera....?  I guess it's both!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!