Saturday, October 19, 2013

Good Things from our Government





The National Zoo has been closed during the government shutdown, so we have been without a view of the little panda cub that was born two months ago.  It was fun to start the day off yesterday by laughing with a video the zoo released of the cute panda squawking away while it was being weighed and measured.

Click here if the above link doesn't work.  It will take you to the Washington Post page; scroll down to find the video.  Trust me, it's worth the effort!



Did you know that most of the beaches on St. John, V.I. were closed during the shutdown?  I hadn't until I did some spring break trip research yesterday.   Most of the island is owned by you and me, the American taxpaper, and access was duly closed when the government was put out of work.  Boy, planning an expensive vacation and finding the beaches closed due to stupidity in Washington would really be upsetting!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!