Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Reindeer Games

 On Monday, for Story Time, I brought in a stuffed reindeer as a prop for the two books I was reading since both featured reindeer. 

Harold at the North Pole by Crockett Johnson

Wild Christmas Reindeer by Jan Brett
Ben gave me this reindeer for Christmas last year.  He is silky to pet and plays Jingle Bells when you squeeze his ear.  He was quite a hit with the PreSchoolers. 


Yesterday I put him out on my desk with a basket of hand-held Christmas toys and waited to see if the Middle School students liked him as much as the PreSchool students.   They liked him, but they really loved the toys!





My Mom used to have these out for the little ones in the family to play with at Christmas during the last few years of her life.   I'm sure it would make her smile to see them being played with again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!