Monday, February 3, 2014

The Weekend

On Friday Ben retired; what a way to start a weekend!



My brother Jim was in town on business and we had a great visit with my sister Jean Friday night.  We ate roasted vegetables and Ben cooked us his fantastic seafood chowder.  I always love to see my brothers and sister.


Saturday Paul and I met my sister-in-law, Dawn, and the twins at the car show downtown.  We had lots of fun dreaming about convertibles….


…RVs...


…and jeeps.


Back at our house we had drinks and dinner while the boys caught up on Minecraft.  It's so great to see the cousins playing together. 



Sunday night brought a big surprise.  Our friends Sara (also Paul's flute teacher) and her boyfriend Warren had finished a large and complicated puzzle of St. Chappelle, a gothic cathedral in France, and had it glued and framed as a retirement gift for Ben.   What a great present!  We had attended a chamber music concert in St. Chappelle when we were in France a couple of years ago, and it was one of the highlights of the trip for Ben.  Sara and Warren are master puzzle makers and did this "brutally hard" puzzle just for Ben.



Did you see Paul's photo bomb?  Did you see the photographer?  I bet you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!