Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Spin Around the Web



My niece, Tamara, has a new blog!  It's devoted to sharing her amazing DIY skills for decorating your home on a budget but she includes some general design discussions as well.  I quite enjoy reading it and you might, too.



 And my friend Lee Anna has a new blog, one focused on creativity especially as applied to quilting.  I enjoy the art related posts but also like following her often funny commentary about life with her eccentric poodle, her travels, and contra dancing.

A great thing about blogs is that you have the chance to experience another type of life than the one you are living.   That's one reason why I like Humans of New York.  The little glimpses of other people's lives are so interesting.  And I like the photography, too.



The other day I stumbled across views from my kitchen sink and have been wandering around the site  with my mouth open in jealous wonder.  The view from her sink is of Paris where she has been living for the past year or so!  Great photos and great text; a wonderful blog to escape to.  



But my most unexpected find lately has been The Chattering Crow, a blog kept by Louise Plummer, a retired professor of English at Brigham Young University and an award winning young adult author, including one of my favorite books, The Unlikely Romance of Kate Bjorkman


 I could be wrong --there is no "About" attached to her blog --but I get the impression she writes primarily to keep in touch with family and friends.  In any case she writes about whatever she wants and you never know what to expect.  Her dry wit, range of topics, and insightful and often funny observations on life make me a daily reader. 

Here's a few posts to get you started:

On being a grandmother

On aging



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, Aunt Mary. These look like fabulous blogs to follow! I look forward to checking them out!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!