Friday, May 30, 2014

Saying Goodbye

Ben and I drove down to Cheltenham Veterans Cemetery yesterday to visit my Mom and Dad's grave one last time before we move.   I brought some branches from the Mock Orange bush in our yard to decorate the grave.  Even though it rained all day yesterday, the cemetery was being mowed, so I suppose all the clover around the grave was mowed down after we left, but the temporary effect of the Mock Orange and the clover together was quite pretty. 


My sister, Jean, and her daughter, Sharon, met us.   Later we went to lunch together and had a nice visit.


I feel that in leaving the area I'm also finally leaving my mother, not in the sense of forgetting her, but in the sense of moving on after her death.  It is both sad and liberating.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!