Saturday, August 6, 2016

Thoughts Before a Birthday Party

On Monday I turn sixty-five.  The very thought is pretty amazing and is worthy of wise reflections  about the passing of time and the pleasures and pains of living. 

 But tonight is my birthday party and we have been busy getting ready so I don't feel very wise,  just excited and happy to be seeing my friends and enjoying a fun dinner of lobster rolls, corn salad, pesto pasta, and pie a la mode for dessert. 



I wanted to show you this nice photo of Ben's father with two of his three sons and all of his grandchildren.  We sure had a good visit with him and Ben's brother's family.


Did you know that yesterday was National Oyster Day?  Well, it was and we went down to Jax's Seafood to eat free oysters and enjoy happy hour.  We had a good time. 



It has been a lovely day with temperatures in the high 70's to low 80's and sunshine mixed with clouds.  Now that we have the deck all set up for entertaining it appears likely that it may rain, but you never know around here.  We'll have fun in any case.  I'll tell you all about it, complete with photos, I hope, later.  For now I'd better go make myself look ready for a party instead of someone who just spent several hours cooking and cleaning!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday. Hope you had fun on the patio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mary! A Leo--yay! (Me too.) Sixty five is the new 45, so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!