Sunday, November 6, 2016

"We Need a Little Christmas"


Did this photo make you laugh?  I hope so. 

Do you remember in the musical Mame when Mame loses her fortune in the stock market crash of October 1929 and she decides that she and her nephew "need a little Christmas" even though it's only a week after Thanksgiving?

Well, I think with this ugly election two days ahead of us we could use a little cheering up.

If the lion with his cool sunglasses, which is actually a detail from a cool fabric I cut up today for a kid's quilt, didn't cheer you up a bit, how about this pretty photo?



Or this one of a volunteer hollyhock which is happily blooming on the side of our yard, brightly ignoring the fact that it's now November?


Or maybe you'd respond better to a hopeful quote?  How about this one from Anne Frank?  

“It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.” Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl


I hope I've helped.  I, for one, am suffering from election anxiety and need all the cheering up I can get! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!