Thursday, June 22, 2017

A Siblings Reunion

I'm flying to Ohio tomorrow to enjoy a visit with my two brothers and my sister.  We like to get together every year or so, doing nothing special except talking, eating, and catching up with each others families.  We always have a good time when we're together.

This photo was taken in 1959 when Jim (far left) was about thirteen, Glenn (far right) was about eleven,  Jean (red shirt) was about six, and I (striped shirt) was about eight.


This photo was taken when we were teens.  I think we had it made as a surprise anniversary present for our parents.


I'm so glad that we are all good friends and I'm really looking forward to my trip.  

But before I go, a few news items.....

Ben finished his week doing the Ride the Rockies bike trip through scenic Colorado.   He was smart and took it easier than most, riding "only" about half the time.  Here he is at the top of Monarch Pass which he rode up to in the sag wagon and then biked down, down, down.  Reminded me of when I biked down from Loveland Pass on my 45th birthday.   Lots of fun! 


Boulder broke two heat records this week, reaching 97 on Tuesday and 98 on Wednesday.  As you can see, it was a lot hotter out on our deck.  


We have no air conditioning which works out okay since the humidity is so low and our house is well sited to catch the cool breezes in the morning and evening, but there's no denying that it's hot out outside.  When it's like that I plan my hikes for early morning or later in the evening.  Thankfully the heat won't be here long; cooler weather is expected over the coming weekend.  

The poppies are done blooming but the wonderful sunflowers are opening up now.  I do love them.



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Ben for being sensible and for the big ride! Nice family photos and memories. Beautiful sunflower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your hubby for that ride! That is quite a feat. Love the sunflower. Have a great trip. mary in Az

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the pictures are awesome! How fun to see youngsters, then teens. Your teen photo is so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!