Friday, October 20, 2017

A Beautiful Fall Week

We've had a lovely week of warm fall weather.  The maples and oaks have all turned color and the sumac is its beautiful autumn red. 


I don't know what this lovely shrub by our walk is, but the vivid colors capture my attention every time I go by it.


It's been a busy week, but there were two standouts, and they both happened in the same day.  Last Tuesday our nephew, Daniel, came into town for a short visit.  He is my brother Jim's second son and lives near Cincinnati, so a visit was a special treat.  He was in the area for work and could only visit for an evening, but it sure was a fun evening!
  

And it happened to work out that on Tuesday afternoon we put the Subaru Outback up for sale at Barnsley used cars and bought a 2017 VW Tiquan.   The VW dealer had lent me a Tiquan when my VW Golf was in for an oil change recently and Ben and I both really liked it.  Outbacks are extremely popular around here but we were feeling that ours was too big to park easily in Boulder's tight spaces and that we were ready to try an automatic on these busy streets. We loved the Tiquan's big screen for navigating, it's easy to use Bluetooth system, and its double size sun roof.   The dealer had a snazzy sport model in black which had been used as a loaner and had 4500 miles on it, and just like that we bought it. 

Goodbye, Subaru....


....Hello, Tiquan!


We have a fun and full weekend ahead.  I'm working the concession stand at the high school football game tonight to benefit the school's music program and at the Longmont Quilt Guild's quilt show on Saturday, Ben and Paul are working with Cocktail Punk tomorrow, and tonight is the opening night for the school's Haunted House.  Paul is a scary clown and I have a great photo of him in makeup but I promised not to post it until after the show is over on Halloween.   But I can show you these photos which were on the front page of the local newspaper this morning.  Looks like it'll be a scary event!
    

2 comments:

I'd love to hear from you!