Monday, October 16, 2017

Scenes from the Weekend



I spent the weekend at a workshop on how to add images and words to quilts.  The teacher, Jette Clover, is a firm believer that artists need daily practice to build up their confidence in design and composition, and much like musicians do scales daily, artists need to do short design exercises.  So we did daily practices with paper and then posted them for class critique.  Such critiques can be a bit scary, but Jette had a wonderful way of making them pleasant and useful. After the daily practice the real fun began.  For three days we painted, stamped, stenciled, rubbed, embroidered, silk screened, and glued.  We transferred images using Thermofax screens, which I loved.  And we glued them onto organza, another technique I loved.  It was a fun and interesting three days!   






2 comments:

  1. Oh my. Love the pink ones! I have never even tried these works of art! just lovely.
    mary in Az

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think you could incorporate these techniques into your quilts?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!