Monday, August 12, 2019

Yard Art

I love yard art and this weekend we got a new piece.  Here it is installed in the garden strip that borders our patio, with our neighbor's bamboo wall as a backdrop.  I love its organic shape and the subtle green color.




Here are our other pieces.  The large photo shows an interesting sculpture made by our neighbor using a set of chimes that he positioned upside down on a base.  I really like how it makes cool shadows on the fence behind it.   That same neighbor also took an old horseshoe that he found in his yard, cleaned it up and mounted it next to some hooks.  It now hangs next to our grill.  The rusty sculpture of the couple was made by an artist in nearby Longmont and the hummingbird and flower by an artist from New Mexico.  I think they add a lot of interest to our outdoor areas and I enjoy seeing them every day.  


I found our new sculpture while I was out this weekend buying this great bench for our little front entry.  I'd seen it at a show a few weeks ago but didn't buy it then.  I wanted to be sure it would fit well on our front steps.  We have just a stoop there, really, and not a porch.  There's very little room for any kind of furniture but I've always wanted a little chair or table to set out there so I could put down a bag of groceries as I unlocked the door or even sit for a few minutes.  After measuring and thinking, I decided this "just the right size" bench might work out well.  And it did!  


And could I resist this little tile table made by the same artist?  No, I could not!  It looks great next to this chair.



Linking to Mosaic Monday at Letting Go of the Bay Leaf. 

5 comments:

  1. I love yard art too and was just wishing I had an Egret like I saw in someone's flower bed...not that one...one like it! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your yard art! I have pieces in my yard that my husband has made for me. Your bench is wonderful! Thank yoh for stopping by my blog. I've always loved Boulder. We used to live in Denver. 😊 Kit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary - you have a good eye for interesting pieces, and yes, they add texture and a focal point for your garden/yard. Does your new piece move with the wind? Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's so much fun finding lovely yard art! You found some great things to share!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!