Monday, April 13, 2020

Scenes from the Easter Weekend


Given that we couldn't visit with family and friends the way we usually would on Easter we had a pretty good weekend. 

Snow was predicted for Easter morning so I planned to have my Mom's cinnamon rolls ready to distribute to some neighbors and baking them was a lot of fun.  I used yeast that had been in the fridge from 2016 and was tickled when it proofed well! By 10:00 a.m. I was enjoying a roll with coffee and watching the pretty snow fall.   At 2:00 Paul and I dyed some eggs via Zoom with our friends Sara and her son Louis.  She was one of my first new Boulder friends and we met when she drove Paul and Louis up to a nature camp experience that first summer.  When I ran into her again at Boulder High's first music parent's meeting that fall we quickly became chums.  Every year she has an egg dying party using silk scraps for color and pattern and she and I continued the tradition this year despite being confined to our homes.  Thank heavens for our modern technology!  During our video chat the boys each measured the snow at their houses and found that they both had 7" by then.

At 6:00 we used Zoom again, this time for cocktails with Ray and Paula, with whom we also shared Easter dinner courses.  We roasted a leg of lamb which Ben then cut into two parts using a gardening pruner.  A masked Ray came by for a very quick exchange of dinner parts, taking his half of the lamb and a little Easter basket and leaving us cocktails, duck fat potatoes, and a few slices of Paula's amazing Margarita pie.  Very enjoyable, though not as much as seeing them over dinner in person.  But as all those British novels set in WWII say, "As needs must..."

Here are a few photos from the rest of the weekend.  Big pic is Sheba and Turbo keeping Ben in bed late this morning.  You can see how Turbo is now making himself at home!  There was no reason to get up since another 6" had fallen through the night and that meant 13" when I went out and measured it on the patio.  Sewing during snow days is always fun and I started several more masks which I hope to mail out today. 
 

It's supposed to snow more today but the roads look clear and we seem to still be doing the Meals on Wheels run later this morning.  I'd best get to my cup of coffee and the last cinnamon roll!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my- those cinnamon rolls look outstanding! You had a nice Easter-great idea on the sharing of dinner. What a cool post.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!