Monday, April 5, 2010

It's That Time of Year Again

After a day of getting Paul to the orthodontist, taking his flute to the repairman, getting cat and crab and fish food in the house so the animals won't starve while we're in Florida this week, hunting up the suitcases and starting to pack (we leave tomorrow!), I settled on the front porch for a soothing glass of wine and a good book.

And then I realized that this was the first time I've used the porch this season. Looking back to last year, I see that it wasn't until April 27th last year that I wrote about relaxing on the porch in the evenings. We've had surprisingly warm weather lately --today it was almost 80 degrees - it seemed natural to head to the porch in the early evening. It hadn't been cleaned thoroughly yet and I had to laugh when I turned on the lights and saw that they were still the ghost lights from last Halloween, but I turned a blind eye to all that and settled into the comfy wicker rocker to read for a while. Ah, summer nights.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!