Friday, May 4, 2012

Funny Friday


It's been quite the busy week!

We've hardly been home, and when we have been home we've lived in the midst of the upheaval caused by getting the dry wall work done. It turned out great but we haven't had time to pull the living room/computer area back together yet.

I've been working on the slide show/movie for graduation, Ben had to trouble shoot when our reliable Dell desktop quit working for some reason, and Paul is preparing for the Karate tournament tomorrow.

In addition to the forms and fighting competitions, Paul is entering the weapons form. He designed his own series of moves using his weapon of choice, a 5 foot + solid shaft of wood called a "bow," and will be the only green belt to enter, competing against brown and black belts in the adult class, which is 13 and up (Paul is not yet twelve). Weapons is what he's wanted to do from the start, and I'm happy for him that he gets to compete. But it's meant lessons every day and lots of practice.

And, on top of all that, today was the celebration of "100 Days of Reading" at school. I hope to get some pictures up about that fun activity, but meanwhile let's just say it I'm glad it's Friday and that the busy work week is over.

So.... with all this going on I literally halted in my tracks when I ran into two Cockatoos at the local PetSmart last night, where I had gone to buy crickets for Spikey. They were very entertaining; a sight you don't see every night and a welcome amusement at the end of a full week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!